Background

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Less than a week to the start of Year 2 and I'm not excited about it, because that means the summer break will come to an end, and I had such an enjoyable summer and I don't want it to end.

It's ironic, that the most fulfilling part of my first year in SMU wasn't during the academic terms (with the exception of Patron's Day, Funkamania and Bailamos En La Calle).

I have so many beautiful moments of LA, Dance Garage and Oikos, joyous, trying and bittersweet ones. Here I stand, clenching them, but they slip through my fingers into the unreachable sepia-toned timelessness of the past.

There's nothing I can do about it besides occasionally recalling them through online photo albums and lively banter with those who shared these moments. Hopefully, we have more and even better times to look forward to.

For now, I let out a sigh of slight melancholy, and brace myself for the next several weeks to come.

Life goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment