Background

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Review of Love Bonito Ashleigh Cheongsam

Love Bonito Ashleigh Cheongsam (Midnight Blue, size M)


Bought this in a darker colour - Midnight Blue - as I already had enough light-coloured cheongsam dresses. This piece also caught my eye as it did not look strictly oriental despite the beautiful embossed details on the fabric.

I opted for size M again as in the studio photos, the dress looked slightly over-stretched at the hips area. It turns out that the fabric isn't stretchable at all, which limits my strides. Size M was also a little loose on me as size S is my usual LB size. It fits me alright at the PTP, but is slightly loose at the waist and hips. However I'm not sure if size S would have been too tight around the hips for me and cause the dress to ride up when walking. Nevertheless, I won't mind trading this for the same piece in size S.

As for the material, I really like the gorgeous embossed details. For the price, I would have expected it to come with an inner lining, but it's not much of an issue as VPL is not visible at all.

Overall, I think it's a good buy as the dress can definitely be worn for normal occasions too, and not just CNY!

No comments:

Post a Comment