Background

Thursday, January 14, 2010

the stars must be your light tonight

Since our first date, I've begun to miss him whenever we don’t see each other. I look forward to dance trainings not only because I get to see the dancers, but also because I get to see him. I look forward to his own trainings in particular, because we get to do our partner work together, and I'm secretly happy whenever I look into his eyes when we dance our partner work.

Being with him is easy and comfortable. Being myself around him is effortless, because we have already been friends for a while, and he has seen me in my happy, insane, unglam, sad, bimbotic, bitchy, act-slutty, post-training-sweaty-and-haggard-looking moments. There isn’t a need to put up a front. Knowing this has made it all the more easier for falling fall him.

I’m deeply smitten with him. There are many pleasant emotions that come with say, performing at major concerts, doing well for my 'A' Levels, or having a really great time with my good friends. But there's nothing quite like the feeling of being in love. It is exhilarating and scary at the same time. Exhilarating because it brings me to highs that I’ve not experienced in a long while. It makes me unknowingly smile to myself or skip a step or two when I walk. It makes me feel light-headed and I have no control over that. Scary because it takes a hell lot of courage to let my guard down like that and be vulnerable to getting hurt. I've always thought that it's important to protect myself, but here I am, letting someone so deep into my world. But I believe that he’s a good person.

I've been staying away from relationships for a long time, maybe it's about time to give one a shot again. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment