Background

Sunday, January 3, 2010

I should be preparing for my interview now, but let me digress for a while.

It's amazing how things can happen so unexpectedly.

Shiwei and I, we first met when he came to Emix, but we only got to know each other better when I worked with him in his item for Raw. I must admit that at times I felt physically attracted to him, because of the close proximity of the physical contact between us when we danced, and also because he was very charismatic. But I always dismissed it and never let that attraction developed into anything more because he was attached.

Wednesday, 30th December, the Emixers went to club at Butter Factory. Shiwei got high and tipsy, and did and said things to me, that were well, out of the ordinary. After we got home, he apologized for it in an sms and revealed that he liked me, but had always kept it to himself as has was attached. But he thought it was about time he made his feelings toward me known as he had decided to go separate ways from his girlfriend. It took me by surprise, as I thought that after that night, we would just tell each other to forget whatever had happened and be normal. I knew he always doted on me, and he said nice things, but it never occurred to me that he could be interested in me, simply because he was attached, and his girlfriend was very a different person from me.

I've always doted on Shiwei a lot, because he was my partner. Although I did not think of him or miss him when I did not see him, looking back, I think unknowingly I might have been harbouring something for him all along. That night, the attraction I felt towards him was pretty intense (which is why I didn't resist when he held me), and I experienced feelings that I haven't had in a long time. That night at Butter Factory changed many things - it removed the barriers that had held us back from showing our emotions, and it revealed to me emotions that I didn't know exist. I must say the turn of events was sudden, even as I write this, I feel a little breathless when I think about what has happened in the past few days, especially how we have gone from friends to more than friends in the span of a mere few hours.

We went out alone today, and I enjoyed myself with him. Only a few people know how he feels, but they do not know what's going on at my side. Until he sort things out with his girlfriend, I'm keeping quiet about many things, as I do not want to complicate matters, and neither can I be very sure about what's in it for us until he makes a clean break with her. I told him to take time to let things settle down before we take our friendship a step further. I want to take things slow too, for there are many things I want to know about him.

For now, we're getting along well. Here's to the next few weeks ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment