Background

Friday, January 29, 2010

Bailamos 2010 is over. In the last few weeks I couldn’t wait to get it over and done with because I found it so time consuming – with trainings thrice a week just for one item – and I wanted to focus on Intersection instead. Not forgetting the frustration and fear whenever I practiced the stunts with Jerry. But Bailamos was good. Jerry and I have great chemistry and our partner work was smooth and we nailed all our stunts nicely. :) It was my best Bailamos to date, because although this item was challenging, we managed to put up a decent show and made a good closing item out of it. The venue and programme flow was much better this time round. Also, there’s nothing more heartwarming than having the Emixers come down to support us despite being pressed for time for preparing for Intersection, especially Shiwei, who was the first in the queue! Haha. But I’m a little wistful because that might be my last time dancing in the same item as the year 4s.

Time to focus on Intersection now. It's going to be quite different from the other typical hip hop dance concerts. While it’s exciting to see things falling into place, this production has not been without it’s own ups and downs. A while back, something about this production made me upset. It’s been more or less rectified now, and I guess I must really care that much for him to be willing give up something that I really liked. That aside, getting to meet him everyday (be it at trainings or after trainings) has been a major reason why I look forward to after-work hours. I think it’s obvious now, how much I adore him. :)

I’m 2 weeks into my internship and it’s so tiring to juggle work and intensive dance trainings like that. If anyone wonders why the hell we put ourselves through this, well, it just gotta be our passion that keeps us going.

No comments:

Post a Comment