Background

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Review of OhVola Roset Bloom Peplum Skirt, Fairebelle Cutout Peplum Skirt, Love Bonito Cate Cheongsam Top

OhVola Roset Bloom Peplum Skirt (Coral, size M) - faveee!

 Left: Original length of the skirt. Right: Folded the skirt to see if it looked better, shorter.

Close up of the pretty floral prints!

This is the second peplum skirt that I own. I usually avoid peplum skirts or dresses as I feel that peplums that "flare" too much emphasise my hips - I think that they are usually more suited for really skinny girls with unbelievably small waists. However, I decided to take a gamble when I saw the preview pictures on the OhVola blog. Besides the attractive floral prints, the "flare" of the peplum appeared to be fairly moderate. I'm glad I took a chance on this one! Really adore the sweet florals and the peplum feature doesn't over-emphasise my hips. Material is thick enough but soft as well, and comes with an inner lining, so no worries about VPL here. I opted for size M as I believe OhVola's apparels have a smaller cut sometimes. While it does fit me nicely and does not ride up, I think the skirt will look better if it's shorter (on the right picture, folded part of the skirt to see what it would look like shorter). Will keep it if I can have it altered.

Fairebelle Cutout Peplum Skirt (size M)


Close up of the eyelet cutout details.

On the other hand, my first peplum skirt didn't fit me so well, despite it being in size M. I love the eyelet design and the rich cobalt blue colour, the material is decent too. Sadly it rides up when I walk, hence I'll be selling off this skirt.

Cate Cheongsam Top (Fuschia, size S)


Close up of the lace details

This is my first purchase from Love Bonito's string of CNY collections. I've been careful to avoid cheongsams as I would probably only wear them during CNY, and it would be such a waste to do so, no matter how pretty a cheongsam may be. I finally gave in to this one (and the Lorenze Cheongsams which I will review in another post) as it did not come across as being to oriental and festive. While I really like the fuschia colour and lace, it still seems just a bit too festive for wearing on normal occasions. Tried to leave the collar unbuttoned to tone it down. It's a great top with an awesome cut that fits the torso well, the fabric is also of good quality. However, for the above reason I'm still undecided on whether to keep or let this go.. what do you think?

4 comments:

  1. You're very pretty (just need to tell you this random comment). Especially those shots of you in light makeup, you look like a television actress. Beautifully natural.
    I saw your outfits review on "Shopaholics LJ forum" and clicked on your link to your blog. Love your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you dear, it's so nice of you! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. The top is so nice!!!!how is the fit of the cheongsam top? I saw it also on love,bonito but they don't have a medium. I am a US size 4.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Krystel! I believe US4 is equivalent to a UK8, which is my size too? In that case, Medium will probably be loose, as size S fits just nice on me. Hope this helps!

      Delete